Currently, fakes made of epoxy resin are becoming increasingly popular. Absolutely ordinary things can be made from jewelry resin. In appearance, they will look beautiful, elegant and original. Real magic.
Many people think that the technique of producing such interesting things is quite difficult, but in fact everything comes out quickly and easily. Anyone can do such a thing with their own hands. To do this, you just need to purchase all the necessary components and use the instructions.
Vases made of epoxy resin look especially elegant. Even a beginner can do them with proper skill. We suggest considering as many as ten ways to create a unique vase made of epoxy with your own hands.
Vase from a ready-made mold
The easiest way to make a vase from epoxy resin. You will only need to buy a ready-made silicone mold. It is also necessary to stock up on resin and all available tools. Now you can safely start working on a masterpiece.
- Dilute the required amount of epoxy compound in a suitable container (a plastic cup is perfect) and mix with a hardener.
- If desired, mix it with a dye, paste or phosphor, to give color (of your choice).
- Fill the mold exactly to the border.
- We are waiting for our vase to dry.
- Carefully remove the vase from the mold.
- We polish the finished product, remove all the excess so that the vase becomes ready for use.
The full curing time of the liquid epoxy is approximately 48 hours at a temperature of 24°C/75.2°F. The exact time must be specified in the manufacturer’s instructions. It should be borne in mind that the shorter the curing time, the thicker the resin and the longer the time for bubbles to surface.
Master classes on creating vases in this way have long captured the Internet. Everyone who has ever been interested in epoxy crafts has heard about him. Everything is very easy and simple: even a beginner will cope with this task. That is why such a vase has received the title of “classic”.
To make it, you will need a glass (the inside of the vase) and any plastic container (the outer form, which you will need to get rid of later).
- Dilute the epoxy adhesive with a hardener in the right container.
- Mix the composition with a dye, paste or phosphor, choose the right color for you.
- Pour the outer mold to the thickness of the bottom.
- Wait for the epoxy layer to dry.
- Put a glass inside.
- Fill the walls with epoxy, leaving the edges unfilled.
- Attach the glass with tape to the outer shape so that it stands tightly in the center.
- Wait for drying.
- Remove the tape.
- Pour the epoxy compound to the very edge, without transfusion.
- Wait until the product is completely dry.
- Remove the outer shape with scissors or wire cutters.
- Sand the cut at the neck.
- Polish the resulting product, remove excess and prepare for use.
Each layer of epoxy resin must be completely dry. So all sides turn out to be smooth. The product, in the process of drying, it is desirable to cover with something so that small dust particles could not sit down and freeze on the vase.
This type of vases is also not new: there are workshops on their creation on the YouTube platform. However, this execution will require more effort than the previous versions. Who wants to try harder and more interesting, this option is just right.
You will need a film, a glass (the inner container of the vase) and, if desired, an external plastic mold.
- Prepare the epoxy for work.
- Mix it with a dye, paste or phosphor of several colors of your choice.
- Pour the “scales” on the film.
- Wait until completely dry.
- Cover the glass with “scales”, forming an unusual crystal.
- Place the glass in an external form, which will need to be removed after drying, and pour a transparent epoxy.
- Wait for the product to dry completely, making sure that the resin does not leak.
- Sand and varnish.
A classic vase without a glass inside
The classics are good for everyone, but the glass inside does not give rest. Want a pure epoxy vase? Then it is possible to do this with your own hands and even quite easy. For a vase without a glass inside, two plastic molds will be required — external and internal.
Initially, the work is carried out according to the standard algorithm, which has already been described above twice. First you need to follow the first 11 points of the instructions. Next, remove the outer and inner shape with scissors or wire cutters. It’s simple: we got a wonderful vase without a mill inside. Sand the neck and polish the finished product. Now the vase is ready for use.
The task is simplified to a minimum when using forms with weak adhesion to epoxy, for example, a regular disposable cup is detached from a fully cured resin with bare hands.
The original method
Here is another easy way that a beginner can handle. Although all the described manufacturing methods are not so complicated. But here everything will be easier than ever. You will only need a frame or a baking sheet with edges. So the original vase is made of “leaf” epoxy.
- Wrap the frame with polyethylene.
- Pour the epoxy diluted according to the instructions with a thickness of 3-5 mm.
- Spray the dye, create fancy patterns, blow on the drawing through a tube – choose what you like, choose suitable acrylic paints for this.
- Wait for complete drying to solid plasticity.
- Bend the sheet into the desired shape (if it has dried too much, it can be heated and easily bent to the desired shape).
- Fix the sheet in this form.
- Wait for complete drying, and then sand and remove all excess sandpaper.
The original vase is ready to use, everything came out quite easily and quickly.
We clone an interesting vase. If you need to make two identical vases, then this method is just for you. For example, for symmetrical table setting.
The difficulty of creating such a vase is in the ebb of a silicone mold for it. Accordingly, liquid silicone, a hardener, a container for a silicone mold and a vase to be cloned will be required.
Instructions for use:
- Pour silicone into the vase to the brim.
- Put the desired shape on top.
- Press the vase to the bottom and turn it over so that the silicone does not spill out.
- Fill the walls and the space on top under the bottom with silicone.
- Wait for the silicone to dry completely.
- Remove the finished mold.
- Repeat points 1 to 11 of the “classic vase”.
- Remove the form.
Now you have two identical vases to create an interesting interior. This method is perfect for owners of cafes and restaurants, shops, various salons, so that the interior items are the same and fit perfectly into the interior.
Product with inserts
The secret of making such a vase is in the moment. It is necessary to combine the epoxy with inserts-decorations at the very end. As jewelry, buttons, shells, pebbles and other trinkets will suit, choose what you like, which glitters perfectly and perfectly fits the image.
You can cast special pieces to a vase made of epoxy using silicone molds for cakes and pastries.
At the initial stage, you will have to go through points from 1 to 11 of the classical version. Optionally, you can insert inserts at different degrees of hardening inside, while not throwing everything at once, otherwise they will be grouped in one place. Wait for the resin to dry completely, otherwise the paint from your jewelry may react with the epoxy and change color or become transparent. After using resin, you should attach the decorations to the vase.
The difference of such a vase is that it is assembled from several elements that were cast specifically for it. It sounds difficult, but there’s really nothing complicated about it.
To work, you will need several silicone molds, for the details of the vase. To create them, you will need to mix silicone and starch, roll out the “dough” to the required thickness, the more voluminous the part, the thicker the shape, and press the recess under the part with your fingers. We give the forms to completely freeze.
Instructions for work:
- Cast the details carefully and well, choosing the right color.
- Wait for drying and remove from the molds.
- Connect the parts with epoxy to match. If necessary, you can make the bottom of a hardening plate of epoxy composition.
- Wait for the epoxy resin product to dry.
Now you have assembled an original epoxy resin vase from different parts. At the end, it is necessary to sand it with sandpaper and give the product a proper look.
A vase made of wood and epoxy resin is already the highest level of craftsmanship. To create it, you will need not only an external shape, but also special equipment — a lathe, a well-dried cylinder for the “inside” of the vase and a “husk” for filling it. But if you really want to make such an option, then you can try. Prepare all the necessary materials and follow the instructions.
Stages of work:
- Repeat items from 1 to 4 of the standard version of making a vase.
- Install the cylinder inside.
- Fill to the brim with epoxy resin.
- Throw the “husk” neatly and beautifully into the walls to give an original image.
- Wait for the manufacture to dry completely.
- Remove the outer shape.
- Drain the cylinder and give the desired shape.
- Sand with fine sandpaper, polish if necessary.
The last tenth option will be the most difficult and unusual. This vase will take a lot of time and effort. It requires a lot of hard work, but it’s worth it. Everyone will be delighted when they see this homemade product from you.
The mosaic vase is a real masterpiece. To create it, you will need a vase-form wrapped in food wrap. The source code will not be affected.
However, wrapping with a film must be done carefully. Liquid epoxy is an insidious substance and, unnoticed by you, can find the slightest hole in the insulating layer and fuse with the base.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 from the original method.
- Cut the sheet into “glass pieces”.
- Carefully sand the edges of the “glass pieces”.
- Build a drawing, leaving 2-3 mm between the “glass pieces” so that it looks like an unusual mosaic.
- Fill the seams with epoxy of the same fluidity from the syringe. If the vase-form is easily pulled out, if not, leave one blank, pull out the vase and fill it. If the epoxy has started to leak during the process, remove the smudges with alcohol. After the resin has completely dried, try to carefully sand off the excess, if it didn’t work out with alcohol.
- Cover the product with varnish.
Here are ten ways to make an original and beautiful vase made of epoxy resin. After reviewing all of them in detail, you can come to the conclusion that doing unusual and beautiful things is not so difficult. The main thing is to set a goal. Take enough time and make your vase with love, then it, regardless of the method of creation, will be just beautiful, while made with your own hands.